The Plantastic Story
We started Plantastic in November 2015. Over the past three years Plantastic has evolved from an informal social entrepreneurship into a non-profit company (Plantastic SA NPC 2018/344679/08) focused on ocean conservation. Currently we are working with Boni from Zimbabwe.
A South Africa where single use plastic bags are banned
We imagine a South Africa where plastic bags no longer litter our mountain trails, wash down our rivers, blow along our beaches and float into the Atlantic or Indian oceans. We dream of a South Africa where single use plastic bags are banned; and where those that are already in our environment are actively retrieved and up cycled into beautiful or useful items – in stead of being sent to landfill.
We aim to:
- raise awareness for plastic bag pollution;
- provide funding for ocean conservation (specifically turtle rehabilitation); and
- provide opportunity for low-income earners to generate additional income.
We believe in
- PURPOSE BEFORE PROFIT: we care about people, making a difference and keeping plastic out of our oceans
- EACH ONE TEACH ONE: we encourage sharing of ideas and active skills transfer
- CREATIVE MAGIC: we are passionate abut unlocking creative potential in everything we do